Helpful Pet Links
Monte Vista Animal Hospital has provided the following links to trusted websites that provide some great information and resources on a variety of topics related to veterinary medicine and pet health care. We update this page frequently and would love to hear your ideas on links that you would like to see us add to this page to share with other pet owners. Feel free to send us your favorites. If we like them, we will add them to our ever-growing list!
Helpful Pet Links
Choosing a new puppy
- This is a nice starter guide of things that you should consider when you are thinking about getting a puppy.
Partners for Healthy Pets
- This foundation and website was created specifically for pet owners and emphasizes the importance of regular preventative. It has information on what to expect during a yearly exam and many other resources for pet owners on what to do to keep their pets in optimal health.
- Everything you ever wanted to know about heartworm disease can be found here.
- Founded by Brian Kilcommons and Sharon Wilson, best-selling authors and recognized experts on animal training and behavior, this site is a terrific resource for advice on a variety of behavioral problems. If you want to learn more about feline housesoiling, barking dogs, aggression, or any other behavioral problem, check this one out!
National Animal Poison Control Center
- This is the website of the National Animal Poison Control Center. It includes a library, links to other sites, and phone numbers for the poison control center.
USDA Animal and Plant Health Inspection Service
- The USDA maintains this website with information on a variety of animal health-related topics, including the latest news on such things as Mad Cow Disease, foot and mouth disease, and many other things.
- Anyone who has ever lost a pet should visit this wonderful site. It is a terrific tribute to our lost family members
Heart’s Companion Pet Memorial Center- Support Group
- This site gives information on a local pet loss support group. This group is facilitated by a trained grief counselor and is free to attendees. There is no limit on how many times a pet parent can attend and the group is held once per month.
West Nile Virus
- This site is maintained by the Centers for Disease Control in Atlanta, and has the latest information on the spread of West Nile Virus in the US, as well as information on disease transmission, symptoms, etc.